sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 2005 Audi A8. I am third owner. Drove car home from

Customer Question

I have 2005 Audi A8. I am third owner. Drove car home from work, parked and one hour later, car won't start. All the lights and gauges come on but car will not turn over nor will starter engage.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: dashboard lights, light for seatbelt, all lights in console, the automatic transmission selection indicator "P" D etc, has light flashing
JA: Are you fixing your A8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: key in ignition, no start,, key out of ignition, push start button, no start but all dashboard indicator light s come on
Category: Audi
Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried jumping or charging battery and re-testing? I'm just thinking about a failed Alternator causing a battery discharge while driving , thus leaving you with a dead battery.

So in short I would like you to determine we are working with a fully capable and charged battery.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Battery is very good all lights working proprtly
Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

That does not mean that a battery is good. If you feel it does, then I am no help to you.

Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

This type of service may not be suitable to you, sorry to waste your time and have a great day.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many possible causes for a no start conditon and it's going to require some testing to determine what is going on. The problem could be the starter itself, ignition switch, the transmission range sensor, wiring, a cble or connection issue, the engine controller itself, a security issue, or it could definitely be a battery issue.

Is there any noise from the engine compartment when attempting to start the engine?