Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

That other thread closed.Sorry I was gone for a week Any

Hey that other thread closed.Sorry...
Hey that other thread closed.Sorry I was gone for a week
Any idea on that tranny that lurches forward in any gear?
No codes right now
4/17/2017
internal88
internal88, Technician

Hello, I'm Brandon.

This is a symptom of stuck or bad valve body inside the transmission.

What is the year and model of your Audi?

04 allroad

I would suggest you to change out the transmission fluid and filter. The job would remove harmful dirt and metallic particles that can lead to transmission failure and expensive repairs. The new fresh fluid renews additives to improve shift quality and performance. When you are in the shop ask for the update on the transmission control module. Have you done the following?

Please rate me positive, thank you.

Yes Fluid changed

No codes

Yes, you will need to a transmission program update. The update is 37G1 is the update number.

Bring it to an Audi and have it flash program.

Idont understand. I have replaced many of these transmission andhave never had to do that

Typically I recommend my customer to do a transmission update first due to cost before changing the entire transmission.

But only dealer can do it ?

Can I do it with Vagom?

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Mark 37g1 update does not pertain for your vehicle.

is the lunge violent ? what is the idle rpm when you shift from park to drive?

Thanks

Not violent just constant in any gear. Idle normal or just above

can you do a throttle body adaptation to the vehicle to see if the shift is better?

Im having car brought to me so I can do this myself

yes . 01 , 04 basic settings , 060 with vag com!!

ok got the car. drove down here fine and changed gears so highway speeds

no fault codes in trans module

ran tb adaption and same

Tries to go forward in park reverse neutral etc

aounds like an internal leak with the valvebody causing to go foreward!!

Any way to dig into that to see while tranny still in car?

pressure gauge tapped in to see what is the line pressure to see if it correlates with specs

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech