peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2011 audi a6. When sits for a while, takes more cranks to

Customer Question

2011 audi a6. When sits for a while, takes more cranks to get started. after start runs great. After starting, you can turn off ignition than restart is instant. Sounds like loss of fuel pressure as it sits?
New plugs and wires
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This model uses a suction pump to deliver fuel to the high pressure pump.If the suction pump is allowing fuel to bleed back into the tank due to a faulty valve in it this can cause this issue here and is most common.

I would have the fuel system tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and if this pump is found at fault it will need replaced.This can be common to act up when warm or after sitting for a period of time.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can the faulty valve be replaced within the pump, and where is the pump located?

The valve is built into the pump itself.If the valve is at fault then the entire pump needs replaced to resolve this here.

The pump is located inside the fuel tank itself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete