Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Still waiting for answer....

Customer Question

Still waiting for answer....
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

What can I help you with?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Audi a8 2004 unable to start, turn key and nothing happens. Replace the battery no help. Radio works but car will not start. I tried to car, put gear shift in neutral but car will not move or roll need help.

We are going to be using this diagram. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/audistart.pdf

There are 2 starter relays, both use 4 pins and may have 5 pins, the 5th pin is not used. The relays have a coil side and a switch side. Te coil needs power and ground to energize to make a magnet. This magnet pulls the switch over and completes the circuit allowing power on one side of the switch to flow out the other side of the switch. Can you remove starter relay 1 and see if you get those 3 inputs (2 powers and one ground) when trying to start? If s this relay should click when trying to start, then we need to check at relay 2. Can you do these tests so we can see which input is missing.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris