Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Do I have to pay to ask ?s and get answers, If not then

Customer Question

Hey
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: Do I have to pay to ask ?s and get answers
JA: You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.
Customer: If not then what
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2009 Audi q5 3.2
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not a Meachnic I was jus wondering what do I need to do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My oil cooler went out and Cause oil to go inside of my coolant reservoir
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: A month ago
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The oil cooler was change the water pump and thermostat was also change and everything was flush and there's still oil inside of the reservoir but no water in the oil
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So did you change the oil cooler for the engine or transmission? Likely if it's still getting oil in the coolant then it's the other cooler. For instance the transmission cooler is in the radiator. If it's causing oil to get in the coolant then the radiator needs changed. That and the engine oil cooler are the most likely cause. But very rarely the head gasket can cause it if it blows just right.
Let me know if you have any questions.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How would I know if the head gasket is blown
That's a bit trickier. This problem doesn't happen super often with the head gaskets. It happens tho. The only real way to test is eliminate all other options. Which there only two possibilities besides the head gasket. If you had coolant in oil or you were burning coolant there would be tests for it. But the issue you have there not really any tests. :-/ you can flush it again and take the trans cooler and either bypass with a pipe or put in an external cooler and see if it goes away.
I really wish there was a better way. However the external trans cooler is good for the trans as well.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks
Sonny

Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny