Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Is there a way to bypass central locking pump in a 1999 a4 I

Customer Question

Is there a way to bypass central locking pump in a 1999 a4 I know the pump is bad and now the windows don't work. I just need to put up the driver's window.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the locking pump has water damage when I tried replacing the graphite pump it didn"t work now the windows don't work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1- are you meaning the window motor that takes it up & down ?

2- or the lock actuator that moves the lock ?

is this what you mean by pump ,

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The locks weren't working and when I replaced the graphite pump inside the central locking pump, there was water damage to a small circuit board. when I tried to clean it up, the prongs gave way because of rust. Now the windows won't go up or down. I need to raise the driver's window.

you should be able to unplug the window motor and give power straight to it and raise it up , if giving power & ground to it make it go down , then reverse polarity and should go up , you can use a power probe or a spare battery 12 v and 2 wires .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician