Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I am getting a Cylinder 6 misfire on my 200, 3 A6, 16000

Customer Question
Hey there. I am getting...
Hey there. I am getting a Cylinder 6 misfire on my 200
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 3 A6
JA: What year is your A6?
Customer: 16000 approx. the check engine light is on and the code reads as above. i notice the most missing during acceleration between 65/75 mph. not sure of actual rpms
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im sorry 160,000 miles. and yes im try to do this myself if possible. i have tried replacing the spark plug and ignition coil for that cylinder, but less than 100 miles later the light comes back on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the only other thing is that the esp and antilock system lights also come on, but i assume that is a separate issue.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
8/16/2016
Audi Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your time

you need to start with a set of plugs and set of ignition coils , they sell them on ebay for cheap

each time you are replacing one coil the other weak one will show so they are changed as a set . at 160k miles , if they are the original they should have been changed

also check air filter and buy a can of mass airflow cleaner and take it out and clean it with that spray .

clear the codes after replacement and test drive and see what comes up as fault codes if any .

on cold engine spray starting fluid around intake manifold and vacuum lines and see if engine surges up , if it does , means you have vacuum leak and needs repair since it will cause a misfire

final fuel pressure needs inspected as to be per specs

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will do that. Thank you. I suspected the first couple of things. I'm not in a position to do anything at the moment since im not at home. I will do these when i get there. thanks again for your time and advice.

You Welcome

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thanks You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat