Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 2017 86 that I picked up last week. When I start

Customer Question
the car the alarm goes...
I have a 2017 86 that I picked up last week. When I start the car the alarm goes off for about a full second.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I have a 2017 86 that I picked up last week. When I start the car the alarm goes off for about a full second.
JA: What is the model of your '17 Audi?
Customer: A6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to reset the alarm but that didn't seem to work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'd like to see if I can fix it without having to take it in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
8/17/2016
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely one of the door switches/sensors is sending an incorrect signal or the sensor that senses the ignition key/fob has a fault and is causing this here.Being a new 2017 model you should be able to get this diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you under warranty and this is the best option for this fault here.I suspect one of these is the cause and unfortunately a dealer will need to check and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician