AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Check engine light is on with a lightning bolt. not

Customer Question

check engine light is on with a lightning bolt. not flashing, just on. it is a 2008 A4 3.2L convt. reluctant to shift into reverse and will not shift out of 1st gear...seems to be limited to about 2K RPM and allof the "gear option lights" are are illuminated...any clue what to do.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

A scan test is needed to see what faults are stored and most likely its the transmission is at issue here ?

can you get a scan and let me know what codes are stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am traveling(by plane ) and can get them Friday
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

that will be fine just post all codes prefer full body scan!!!! VAG COM preferred

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get back to you Fri, thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

my pleasure!!