Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Only during the spring -summer when I use AC, my 2008 Q7 has

Customer Question
clear (water) fluid...
Only during the spring -summer when I use AC, my 2008 Q7 has clear (water) fluid drops out over my right foot , drivers side. It's usually 2-3 oz. It's when I go around a right long curve that it spills out. It's coming from the midsection over to the right of the accelerator. It will pool under the floor mat
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Jonathan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I took it to Audi and they have no clue and former Audi Service Rep is sending me to German Auto Shop , so hopefully we can figure it out. Your Thoughts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
7/19/2016
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

There are a couple of things to check .

first the cowl drains usually clog up with leaves.

in the fender wells on the rear part is the duckbill drains . remove the inner fender liners and remove the duckbills and throw them away and then using a finger try to clean the debris out and use water to try to flush the debris out . if they are clogged it will feed water in the heater box and then leak on your feet see drains pic

second is the a/c drain may be stuck closed. see drain pic flip the cover then you will see the duckbill . use a coat hanger and get that to drain

the last part is the sunroof drains in the front they are located in the cowl itself. the wiper arms and the black cover needs to be removed to gain access to each side and cut the ends out and make sure that there is no debris.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

just checking in to see if all is ok !!

please let me know

HELLO AGAIN !! I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM YOU ON YOUR ISSUE !!

IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE EITHER RESPOND OR PLEASE RATE MY SERVICE TO YOU AS A POSITIVE ONE!!

THANKS

WOLFGANG

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech