Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Tmy audi q5 recent purchase) has a groaning sound when

Customer Question
Tmy audi q5 recent...
Tmy audi q5 recent purchase) has a groaning sound when brakes are applied or released at slow bumper to bumper traffic.MY dealer tells me thios is "normal" for all auto matic transmission vehicles and especially for audi.
have you come across this and is there any audi solution
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
7/11/2016
Audi Mechanic: internal88, Technician replied 1 year ago
internal88
internal88, Technician

Hello, I"m Brandon - Audi tech.

No, it is not normal. It should be no noise at all when braking.

The noise is coming from the brake dust.

They need to put clean the brakes and install either Audi brake pad or put the test Akebono brake pad on there to fix it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On forums like myaudi etc, this seems to be somewhat accommodation problem with Audi,perhaps with Q5 and q7.
My dealer insists that all Audi q5 has this " characteristic".
Have u seen this problem commonly and has Audi acknowledged this.

Yes, I have experienced with that before.

We had to change out the brake pad and clean it up.

It should not make any noise regardless.

internal88
internal88
internal88, Technician