Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have been getting a fault code of PO011 on my audi a4. I

Customer Question
replaced the VVT solenoid and...
I have been getting a fault code of PO011 on my audi a4. I replaced the VVT solenoid and the same came back a day later. I was looking to see if you could assist in what my next troubleshooting steps would be.
thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
6/30/2016
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

is this the same 2007 that i have helped you out before?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bundle of fun.

YOU HAVE VAG COM CORRECT? DOES THE MOTOR KNOCK OR NOISY ON TOP NEAR THE FUEL PUMP?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. What is Vag Com ? I dont hear any noise and there isnt any knocking that I can tell.
thanks

vag com is a scan tool where you can see values while running to isolate what the timing and other sensors are doing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Inova 3030a CanOBD2 scan tool. What would you like me to do as the next step?
thanks

did you pull the high pressure fuel pump to see if the follower is worn through?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Is this a difficult process? I have no symptoms from my engine just the code with the check engine light

you need to loosen the hard line at the pump bottom and then take the 3 t30 bolts out to remove the pump for inspection.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do i need to worry about anything dropping int the engine? When I get it out what am I looking for?
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have attached the pictures. I snapped the connector off of the Fuel pressure regulator valve N276. I plan on buying a High-pressure fuel pump replacement kit. Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase online? I plan on getting the whole unit , follower and new seal.
thanks

ouch !!! try ecs tuning . the cover needs to be remoed that hides the chain and need to check 2 things the screen that the oul goes into the cover and the 3 teflon rings to make sure that it is not broken

that is good now you will need the gasket for the timing chain cover too so you can do a visual inspection and a timing check

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am i going to need to work on the timing before I replace the high pressure fuel pump? If not I would like to put everything back together to get the car running.
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just wanted to check with you before I install my parts. Can I just install them in reverse of the way that I took them off? Also what am I doing with the timing chain for the fault code po011?
Thanks

there is some visual inspections needed as stated before of the timing chain cover screen and the 3 teflon rings to make sure no damage or blockage!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me a picture of what I need to look for? Is the timing cover screen inside where i took off the high pressure fuel pump?
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not in a position to take off the timing chain cover. I didn't realize that this was going to be the next step in checking the cam follower. Am I able to put this back together with the new parts or do I need to put it on a flatbed and ship it to Denver? I didn't think that this would be the cause of the code that i was originally getting. Please advise.
thanks

the cam follower is the first tell tale sign because the metal worn away gets clogged in the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. I replaced the cam follower and the High pressure fuel pump. I follower wasn't worn but I replaced it anyway. Put it all back together and I still have the po011 code. What would you recommend for my next step?
Thanks

you need to take it back apart and check the screen and teflon seals

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you saying that there would be something in the screen that would be causing this code? If so what would it be? If this is the only next option I will take the car into a mechanic to get this done.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

we can have a phone convo but it will have to be tomorrow . i have to put the kids to sleep.

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner