Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 2010 Audi A5 four-cylinder turbo with six speed automatic transmission. It sometimes does not downshift...

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Audi...
I have a 2010 Audi A5 four-cylinder turbo with six speed automatic transmission. It sometimes does not downshift and has recently started to clunking. This was especially noticeable at around 4000 RPM when I was using the tip Tronic Going about 75 miles an hour. Do you get a sense as to what is going wrong and what the remedy might be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
6/28/2016
Audi Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I await your reply.
Some more info:
Mileage: 69,000
Jerkiness in tranny occasionally felt when under heavier acceleration.

Do you have a check engine light on at this time ?

Has a Diagnostic scan been performed to retrieve any fault codes from the vehicle?

it sounds you have a torque converter shudder issues probably happening at all times , but only evident or felt at that rpm , but we need some codes retrieved from tcm module, even if check eng light is not on now , it will be in the pending files

how often this happens, let say in 100 miles , how many times or it evident each time you drive it and hit 4000 rpm

is it possible to have it scanned and get me those faults codes if any ?

please let me know

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I bought the car a week ago, I had the car checked and no codes came back,but I wasn't having problems then. I will run it again and get any codes that may show up now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The problem can come up every time I drive it,if I accelerate quickly.

ok like if you give it a kick down

and if i may ask what scanner being used to retrieve those codes , and what are the modules that scanner is capable of communicating with ?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know which scanner was used? I assume you would recommend that I get it done with a particular kind.I think I would say "Yes" to it happening more with a kick down, but as mentioned originally, it happened when using the Tiptronic at around 4000 rpm between 75 - 80 mph.

yes i do :)

we can not be using the auto zone or advance ones , cause they only run a scan on engine modules for the most part,no tcm modules, bcm modules , antitheft modules etc.. , so we want to make sure to ran a scan that covers all modules and its report after the all system scan test including tcm module will be performed and we use that data to determine the fault, is it a module, is it in the wiring or is it simply internal to trans ( like torque converter , clutches solenoids etc...)

a dealer or equivalent scanner specific to audi/ vw product is needed here

I suggest to refrain using tiptronic at this time until we know what is up with it .

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner