AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Cranks , doesn't start , randomly. Always starts first thing

Customer Question

cranks , doesn't start , randomly. Always starts first thing time each day.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It cranks fully.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: starts each day. After subsequent trips during the day may crank but not start . Will eventually start after waiting 15- 30 min with multiple tries.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Have already serviced it , no codes . Replaced fuel pressure regulator and relay.
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: 110, 000 miles . 100,00 mile service was done at that mileage. Leaks a little oil.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

After it starts in the morning, does it run fine?

If shut off later in the day, it will not start till it cools down?

Can I get the year, make, model, engine, and a brief description of your skills?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After it starts in the am and any other start , it runs like a fab Passat that it is. I love this car! The crank , not start problem occurs randomly , not every day , although I make several stops throughout the day. When it has occurred - I have been able to restart the car within 3-10 min after attempting several (5-7) starts ( all full crank no start). 2002 VW Passat V6 GLX 4-motion 2.8. I have had the fuel relay sensor and fuel pressure regulator replaced without a cure. Car does not overheat , no codes on computer, either. Today, had air filter checked and a very dirty air filter "strainer" ( found on certain models I was told) was all that required cleaning. Could this have been the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm hoping that someone like yourself has encountered this in similar engines. There are many of these out there on roads with many more miles on them. Thanks.