AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I replace timing belt and the engin is runing ok but my read

Customer Question

i replace timing belt and the engin is runing ok but my read out is saying that i have mis fire on a few cylinders , how do i correct this
JA: Timing belt issues can be costly unless you get the right info at the right time. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the info you need to get this figured out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: need to know how to reset the timing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i need to find the timing mark on the chamshaft and the camshaft
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i am going over your story to see how i can assist, i will reply with some info.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok so i see you did the timing belt and you have misfires, did you have the misfires BEFORE or AFTER you did the timing belt?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

also i need the year and model and engine of your audi and i need the 3 digit engine code usually on the cylinder head or the valve cover on a sticker.