Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Need battery replaced and going to D.I.Myself.. but I can't

Customer Question

Need battery replaced and going to D.I.Myself.. but I can't figure out what the battery size is because my current battery doesn't have any stickers on it! is there anyway to search for the battery size by my vin number. i have a 2011 audi Q5 3.2 SLine
Category: Audi
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.IF you do not want to purchase from Dealer, you can useINTERSTATEClick Link: http://www.interstatebatteries.com/b/automotive-truck/2011/audi/q5/v6-3-2l/N-lZzihwthZ1z0tvs8Z1yomigwZ1z0twbmZ1vyjvwcZzihwsq?dsNav=A~Part+NumberLength (in): 10.91Height (in): 7.47.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm not really sure which one i need of those. mine is a longer battery
I understand............As I stated, IF you do not want to purchase from Dealer, use Interstate, they will have one that will fit & match Factory SpecsI posted that link by entering your Q5 InfoEither of those batteries will work, just depends on AMPs & warranty you want
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a highly recommended amp i should consider or does that not matter as much?a few more questions if possible..the display screen in my speedometer cluster isn't turning on... could this be due to the bad battery?
and..
theres this odd smell i can't pin point... definitely smells like a fume or chemically and its not anit-freeze or gas smell but i noticed that my battery doesn't have the ventilation hose that is supposed to be hooked onto the battery... do you think this could be the cause of the smell?thank you for your responses.
750 or more AMPthe display screen in my speedometer cluster isn't turning on... could this be due to the bad battery?Likely a Module or the Display itself........Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Testapprx 1 hour labor theres this odd smell i can't pin point... definitely smells like a fume or chemically and its not anit-freeze or gas smell but i noticed that my battery doesn't have the ventilation hose that is supposed to be hooked onto the battery... do you think this could be the cause of the smell?.Unlikely the Battery, unless it is noticeable at the BatteryCould be Catalytic Converter.
clearly there still must be a problemplease respond so I can help further, or at least let me know what you found