Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I ran out of gas. took the fuel pump off. the fuel pump was

Customer Question
working. replaced the fuel lines...
i ran out of gas. took the fuel pump off. the fuel pump was working. replaced the fuel lines and washed the gas tank out now the fuel pump does not work. the car will not do anything except the fan comes on without the car being on. the oil pressure light is on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no i dont have a code.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Audi Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes def dont have the money for a dealership
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace the fuel lines and clean gas and tank.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: i thought when i ran it out of gas trying to get to my grandmothers because she was passing that was all this would be to it but it has lead to all this. so i really dont know what else to say or think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
5/17/2016
Audi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Hi,what is the year and model of your Audi?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2006 a4 audi 2.0t and its been like this since march 18
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it had bad gas placed in it and all that was cleaned and the tank and today placed new gas in it. before the fuel pump was taking off it was working. just replaced the fuel lines on it and put the fuel pump back on. now nothing is working and if the batter is plugged up without it being turned on the fan just comes on and you can open the door, switch the key on and the fan will go off but will come back on few minutes later.
Hi, Did you disconnect the battery before doing this work?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the battery was dead before all this was done today. then the battery was charged and tried to see if good fuel would come to the deliver pump and there is not fire.
Hi, Ok, give me a couple of minutes to pull the schematics and see where the issue may lay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you
HI,Ok, I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I only have about 1/4 of the power and ground diagrams with alot missing
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. I do need some more information!! please let me know!! Wolfgangi do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to get the factory repair information to assist.i do need to know when you turn the key on and pay attention to the instrument cluster.... does the check engine light come on ? a pic of the cluster will help out alot!!any other recent work performed before this came about?any recent accidents before this occurred?
AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner