Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Where would I locate parts ggt cvt transmission in

Customer Question
where would I locate parts...
where would I locate parts for the ggt cvt transmission in my audi a4
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the audi is a 2003
5/11/2016
Audi Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Andrew Martin
Hello, are you just looking to buy replacement parts?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea I would do the rebuild "parts swap" if I could find the parts but I don't know who sells them all the parts I find are for the 01J trans. Would those work for the GGT
Audi Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
No they would not work for the GGT. As far as rebuilding it, I would not do anything but factory Audi parts. It would not be worth the risk of taking it apart to that extent and having an aftermarket part fail. Also, I do not know of any aftermarket places that sell internal parts for the transmission. That is a manufacturer only part for most vehicles. Best bet is go to your local Audi dealership and get parts from them.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so the audi dealership sells internal parts for this cvt transmission that we are talking about the ggt??
Audi Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Yes they may not stock them but they can order them. Just make sure you have your VIN when you go in there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you think would be causing the grinding noise from the transmission when I take off from a stop?
Audi Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Grinding noise is usually a differential bearing but impossible to tell for sure without disassembly.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could it posb be the fwd drive clutches?
Audi Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Unlikely, the clutches would just cause a slip
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I will call the local dealer tomorrow and get back with you thanks
Audi Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Alright.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.
Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin