peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi A4: Have a p0507 code on an 04 audi a4 and discovered

Customer Question

Have a p0507 code on an 04 audi a4 and discovered the idle increases when in park and let off the break. Then tried to clear the codes but don't let off the break in park for a while and drive around with a scan tool plugged in. The code doesn't appear until exactly when I put it in Park and let off the break when the idle increases. What can it be in the break system. Someone mentioned maybe a break booster with bad vacuum.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Check for any large vacuum leaks on the engine at all.I have seen a vacuum leak cause this fault here with the vacuum leak needing repaired to correct this issue here.If this is or has already been checked for and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response but we've already checked for vacuum leaks. Please go over the details of my original question. Because the code appears right when I let off the brake and the idle increases it seems then it's something with the brake vacuum system.
The code you have is Idle air control system rpm higher then expected and the diagnosis points to checking the throttle valve control module.The testing usually leads to the throttle valve control module usually needing replaced.I can post the testing info here if you like just let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I think we did replace the TCM. Why does the code appear right when I let off the brake in park and I can hear the engine idle increase at that point? Again can there be something with the brake vacuum system that causes the idle to increase and thus the 507 code?
I apologize for the delay. If the brake booster is leaking or the vacuum hose to it is leaking this would cause this here.Usually it would be the brake booster as if it was a leaking hose to the brake booster the idle issue would occur at all times.I have seen internal leaks in the brake booster cause idle issues in the past before needing replaced so I would check into this to see if this is the cause here for sure. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete