AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Mini CopperS Hatchback: , We does my 2011 Mini Copper S

Customer Question

Hi , We does my 2011 Mini Copper S have water coming thru the inside frame work in the back and filling up the trunk area with so much water. D Rear door gasket bone dry. I went in with a snake camera in the bottom rear inside the frame work there I could see water coming dripping in, but where it's coming from don't know.
Very,very unhappy Mini .
( Mini dealer don't know, but they still selling this cars).
Category: Audi
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm Chris and I can try to help you
Does your mini have a sunroof?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it does not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to me that lots of Mini owners having this problem with water comes in to the rear trunk or storage area in the back. Have heard some Mini owner have the car rusted away in the rear compartment because they didn't know water could come in to the rear compartment. This is to much and Mini dealer just doing anything .
Thats true.
mini has a bulletin for this leak
but they also leak from other places. Try keeping away from car washes if you go. These things leak with minimal pressure. Unfortunately without testing I cant say where your exact leak is coming from. Get the garden hose and start hitting places with some pressure and see what leaks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Garden hose, well it's comes in when iwe have regular rain. Driving in rain and when car is parked too. There is some sneak holes somewhere!
i understand, the only way to simulate rain is with a hose.
does the button for the trunk work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no button on the hatch door it's a square small plate under this 12'' inch long chrome bracket you have to push to open up the hatch door . No water comes in there. It comes in from the inside frame construction , it's at the same frame colume who goes from roaf down at the back side all away down to the bottom under the hatch doors side and that's a box type colume . There is a box colume who goes from side to side under the hatch door, and at right and left corner were this box colume meat there I can see the water coming.
ok no problem I will opt out so maybe someone else can help you better.
i have to see something like this to diagnose it