Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi A4...2004

Customer Question
***** *****...Audi A4...2004... p2181 code...
***** *****...Audi A4...2004... p2181 code, fans not working even with AC on, builds heat with ac on... cools down when shop fan paced in front of radiator and condensor. Cools quickly with AC off, engine off of idle and shop fan blowing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Fans never came on through full cycle of heating up engine and engaging AC. Got engine hot enough that coolant warning came on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
4/20/2016
Audi Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .That could just be the ECT sensor but would have to be tested to be sure. If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You charged me 30 bucks for THAT?!? A vague answer with a request for more money??? I will take the car to my Audi dealer. And I believe that at least on fan should turn on when the AC is engaged, regardless... how about a refund on that answer geez
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe that if your answer does not satisfy me I am showed to get a partial refund. I am requesting that refund now.
Let me just say that was not an "answer". Nobody could tell you exactly what the problem is, not even the engineers that made it, without doing some testing. Unless of course you just want a guess. Thank you and come again, anytime.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Refund?
AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner