peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi a4: just changed rear brakes on 98 audi a4. parking brake

Customer Question

just changed rear brakes on 98 audi a4. parking brake light flashes and driver side inside brake pad rubs against rotor although caliper piston has been pushed to original position, whats going on
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you havent had the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set with this issue here this needs done.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.If you only compressed the pistons in the calipers to replace the brake pads you may want to bleed the hydraulic brake system to see if this corrects the fault here.If these have all been done and did not correct this issue here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete