Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi A8: working on an 08 A8 with air suspension. will not

working on an 08 A8...
working on an 08 A8 with air suspension. will not move up or down after an oil change on the hoist. was very low when it came in and had to lift it by hand to get it on and off the 4 arm hoist. The "lift" setting would not bring it up. The compressor is going on and off, but its not changing the actual level and there are not any obvious leaks. Is there a reset procedure we can do to get it back to at least the lower settings it had? we have a snapon modus scanner, but not a factory audi scanner. thanks
4/9/2016
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Are you getting any trouble codes for the system?

Was the suspension turned off while on the rack, if not this can damage the height calibration as well as the level sensors.

What method of leak detection was used?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

thanks. there was not an "off" switch for the air suspension. Just "lift" in the settings menu. It came in the shop with an air suspension problem.

It just wasnt sitting as low as it is now. we just used soap and water for leak detection. no codes as of now. thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** disconnect the compressor and use a scan tool to command it on, is the compressor putting out pressure?

If you apply 50 psi of air to the air suspension compressor line and command the solenoids open will ti raise up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

out sick, sorry. i will try this and get back with you. thanks man.

Been sick as well, keep in touch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

yes, the compresser works ok. it will actually try to fill the rears if i lift it a few inches off the ground. But the front wont fill. is there a way to test the front level sensors? that is what may have been damaged when the car came in. thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

do you have a wiring diagram for this? i cant find one on Alldata and it sure would also be helpful! thanks

Below is a link to the only diagram I have.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Audisuspension.pdf

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician