Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

My name is ***** ***** it's regarding red oil pressure light

Customer Question
2007 Audi S4 JA: Thanks. Can...
My name is ***** ***** it's regarding red oil pressure light 2007 Audi S4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did an change replace the sensor. And the code keeps coming up when I press the check button is there anyway I can clear it and then test it to see if the red light comes on again also my antifreeze light is yellow flashing when I press the check button
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
4/8/2016
Audi Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Hi there,When does the light come on, only at idle?How many miles on this engine?I would be measuring the oil pressure with a workshop gauge.Gary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you run me through how do I use an air compressor on the oil pressure to test it also the light comes on whenever I about 4000 RPM or whenever I get on it there's 110,000 miles motor
Ok, first up I would not drive it until you prove the engine is ok.You need a workshop style oil pressure gauge, or even a cheaper mechanical gauge to screw in place of the sensor.Is the oil level correct?Does it make any noise when the light comes on?I would take a bet your issue is not sensor or ECM related.Gary
Hi again,You could have an oil pump supply issue, blocked screen etc.I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Regards Gary
Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician