AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Chevey Cavilier: The mechanic has had my car since 8am this

Customer Question

The mechanic has had my car since 8am this morning to replace struts and springs that i bought from part store completly assymbled so all they have to do is remove old and put in new no compressing of spring it is now noon and still not done should it take this long ? Im being charged by the hr and four+ hours dont seem right. No problems either just straight forward remove replace
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
A credible shop will generally only charge the book labor rate regardless of how long it actually takes them. In other words, they should only charge you for the hours that chevy has identified this job should take.Let me look up the book rate and see what it says. Are they changing just the front struts?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Here is the listing for front and rear suspension on this car. If they are changing all 4 then it should be 4.2 hours. If they are just changing the front, it should be 2.2 hours. If the shop is trying to charge more based on how long it takes them, they shouldn't be in business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes just front and i brought the comprezsed ones
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, we call those quick struts. If they try to charge more than 2.2 hours, you have grounds for a major argument on this one. Did you agree on a price beforehand?