Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

We bought a 2015 Audi A6 last July. It functioned perfectly

Customer Question

We bought a 2015 Audi A6 last July. It functioned perfectly until the 5000 mile maintenance service. Less than a week later, we were driving down the highway and a warning message came on that there was too much oil in the car. We took it in and the dealership was completely puzzled because there was not too much oil. Over the next several months all kinds of electrical problems started cropping up intermittantly. The side mirrors would sometimes fold in, sometimes not. The keyless locks would sometimes lock with a touch sometimes not. The main screen in the center console would suddenly close itself down, wait a few minutes, then pop back up with no action on my part. Finally, the Nav system and the cell phone blue tooth became permanently stuck in "initializing mode." At this point, we returned to the dealership and they found 232 fault codes. They replaced the main computer module a few weeks ago, but the electrical problems are starting again. The screen shut itself down again. The Nav system freezes as you are trying to dial in letters for a destination. Sometimes the mirrors sometimes fold in, sometimes not. Another trip to the dealership revealed no fault codes. The technician noted that the car is often driven for less than 15 minutes. (I have a 12 minute commute to work.) He suggested that maybe the battery was being run down and not recharging and that I should let the car idle for 30 minutes to recharge the battery or drive it 30 minutes at a time. This is ludicrous. I should be able to drive any length of time I want and the battery should function. What do you think is going on? My theory is they fried the circuit protection for the battery during the 5000 mile check up.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

At any point since this has started happening, has the battery been run down or dead to the point you needed to jump start the vehicle or have the battery charged?

Also, I need the vin number of the vehicle to pull all related schematics to see where the issue may lie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the battery has never run down and has never had to be recahrged. I am concerned that the dealer disconnected it during the 5000 mile service and fried the electrical system. All of these problems started shortly after that. The VIN number on this car is WAUFGAFC0FN027527.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, You do realize you never answered my question, right? Asking for follow up information does not count as an answer. I am contacting customer service.