Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Okay i have a 01 audi a4 i replaced the block due to hole in

Customer Question
it,i replaced pistons,oil pump,cam tensioner,and...
okay i have a 01 audi a4 i replaced the block due to hole in it,i replaced pistons,oil pump,cam tensioner,and lifters. i am haveing a bunch of blow back i guess thru oil inlet and a ticking nosie
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just did what else would you like to know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2016
Audi Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

ok , so you have checked the pvc valve correct for crank case vent....Thanks Joey

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I rechecked all my hoses I seem not to be getting oil to the head well some be not enough

so have you put a manual gauge to test t he P.S.I. ?

also, forgot to ask says you replaced the pistons, so did you Bore the Block ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No manual gauge will get one later today... No on the bore I bought all factory standard parts new crank rods pistons bearings crank bearings all standard factory

ok , let me know the oil pressure cold & when it gets hot

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to buy a pressure gauge... But now I see oil slashing around in the head... Changed coil wiring harness... Most of the sound it was making went away I have just one clicking noise coming from the head now... I noticed my exhaust cam gear seems to be wobbling... And the clinking sound sounds like it's the cam chain hitting in the the valve cover

ok id check that , but it seems to be getting better....you sound like the oil pressure is a lot better....maybe the compression rings will seat & the blow by will stop just give it a 1000 miles or so....take care ....please rate my answer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me asked this I got a code today p0340 if the intake cam is off a tooth on cam chain side would it cause the car to make that clinking noise?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Aka run like a tractor?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Although it was not as loud today compared to two days ago... Noise sounds like it want to go away at times

just bring it up to T.D.C. compression stroke check the cam gear marks......you also can rent a oil gauge for free at most all auto parts stores

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I still have oil pressure problems my friend who helped me said that the oil squirter which we going to leave off... Never got plugged up he for got to put the bolts we bought in will this cause oil
Pressure problems

put a gauge on it & see how much oil pressure you got & check the cam gear it must not be on correctly....it should never wobble at all

Joe  Barfield
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech