AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Its a 2002 audi A6 Quattro check engine light is on and the

Customer Question

Its a 2002 audi A6 Quattro check engine light is on and the only code that came up is p0706 which is shifting in reverse hard only when I back up
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Audi Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That it is shifting hard in reverse only
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Audi Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: Other than minor mechanic no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Work*
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

There is a good chance that the trans range sensor is just bad. There is an extensive test that can be done on it but most times it is easier to just replace it.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions or the test for it in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks