Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

2001 Audi A6 quattro, 2.8. I need to smog this vehicle and

all monitors aree set except...
2001 Audi A6 quattro, 2.8. I need to smog this vehicle and all monitors aree set except EVAP and AIR. Evap I don't need but AIR is needed for the smog. All other monitors are set. Any suggestions on setting the AIR monitor? I have driven this over 100 miles so far and no luck.
3/7/2016
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

It's not the amount of miles, but the trips its' run. These are hard monitors to set, so I attached something that may help you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you for the reply. I have not only done the distance but also the drive cycles many times. I was reading some specs and it seems that the EVAP and AIR only set when the ECT and the IAT are within a few degrees of each other, so will try that next.

I am a mechanic and have all the tools and scanners, but very seldom work on the German cars.

Tom

Thanks Tom and keep me posted.

Also, please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Hw familiar are you with Audis? I need information on the Block 77 test.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I need some answers here form someone who knows Audis and VWs. Please opt out if that is not you. Thank you.

It's got nothing to do with that make, this is an OBD11 vehicle and the tests are all the same. You just have to run the trace exactly the way it is stated, there are no tricks.

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor