Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am ***** *****. This is a 2003 audi TT with a concert

Customer Question
Hi I am *****...

Hi I am ***** *****.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

This is a 2003 audi TT with a concert radio. it is in safe mode after a battery replacement. I have followed the instructions to hold the rds and scan buttons simultaneously but it is not coming to the 1000 number so i can enter the safe code.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
3/3/2016
Audi Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Audi has released a service bulletin which deals with the code retrieval once the radio is locked , I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Radio%20code%20Mar%203.pdf

Unfortunately if you do not have access to the proper equipment this usually has to be done by your dealer.

As mentioned in the original question I have the safe code. I have followed the instructions on entering the code but the 1000 (default safe code) does not come up after holding the rds and scan key for 3 seconds. If I could get the 1000 code to come up then I could enter the safe code. I service bulletin does not help.
Can someone look at this question again?
Thanks.

I can open the post back up for you but first try the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. If this dose not unlock it let me know and Ill reopen the post for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Safe%20mode%20Mar%203.pdf

I have already tried these steps prior to submitting my question. Please reopen the post.

Doing so now. Best you and thank you just the same. Hopefully some may have something new to offer.