Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Audi A4. My hazard light switch is staying…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Audi...
I have a 2004 Audi A4. My hazard light switch is staying illuminated and won't turn off, even when the car is off. My battery is being drained enough so that it won't start. So, I'm assuming my hazard light switch is the problem but there must be more. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
2/29/2016
Audi Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

That does sound like the switch is just bad, (shorted). Have you tried with it unplugged?

even if it was bad. That shouldn't be enough to drain the battery like that. A light that small can stay on for a long time and the car should start up no problems.

Do you know how many amps is it drawing with the switch unplugged?

How long does it take to drain the battery to the point of not starting?

I've also noticed the lights to the left of the steering wheel, the ones that illuminate the headlights/fog lights switch stay on and the lights on the rear view mirror (compass light) stay on as well

I see, thanks. So it's a little bit more than we originally anticipated? There may be more to it then. Do all of the light go out when any particular fuse is pulled?

I'll have to go through the fuses and check one by one. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, they all must be linked together somehow.

It is more likely that they are all related, yes, thanks