Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 AUDI A6 i dont have any power at my fuel pump…

Customer Question
Hi my name is *****...
Hi my name is ***** ***** have a 2002 AUDI A6 i dont have any power at my fuel pump fuse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
2/25/2016
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Hello there I'm Wolfgang.

I do need to know if you turn on the key does the check engine light come on in the instrument cluster?

sorry for the delay no check eng. light

Ok the Ecu is not getting power or the ground is not there. I do need a vin # ***** get the wiring diagram to assist.

vin # *****

WILLIE , was there any recent inspection of the fuses by you where you pulled them out and then reinstall them?

sorry for the delay, yes and the relay to
I will go ahead and rate you GOOD i will get back with you monday if GOD willing have a blessed weekend

you do the sme and let me know if you need any more help !! have a safe one

Hi its willie last thing was did i inspect the fuse yes they all look ok and i change the relay and i check the big fues under the pcm

Ok we need to check voltage and ground at the ecm

Let me get the pins to check that.

get back with you tomorrow

Ok

Hi i was wondering if you were still going to get me the wiring dia. and the pins to check the voltage and ground i waiting allday yesterday

sorry pin #21, 55,56,62 should be 12 volts

pin 1 and 2 brown wires should be ground

let me know what you have at the ecm

56 no power

56 is for the brake light signal so that does not matter. is your ground good? pin 1 and 2?

both grounds check good

did you check the ecu power supply relay?

no i did not which one would that be
is this the one in with the pcm
hey i was just thinking of some things to check its not getting any fire i dont know if that means anything

Yes. The Ecu controls the coils so with the check engine light not coming on like you have stated it will not fire

OK so is this the relay next to the ECU or under the dash

nex to the ecu

373

that relay is not clicking when you turn the switch on is there another relay i can use to check it
if that relay does suppose to click when you turn on the switch and or crank it over what stops it from doing so, sorry for the headache but i really need to fix this car. THANKS

should click and then stay energized when the key is on!!

OK what will cause it not to stay energize