Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I messed up the trunk lamp assembly in my audi A5

Customer Question
Hi, I messed up the...
Hi, I messed up the trunk lamp assembly in my audi A5 convertible by trying to wire a led unit with added wiring I got on amazon..I wanted to have light mid trunk so packages would not get in the way..
The led worked fine...and them stopped working minutes afterward..
The original lamp stopped lighting too probably cause I screwed up the assembly so it won't hold a bulb correctly.
What's my best to get the original working again and if I need to change a fuse, where is that fuse in the group of fuse box?
thanks, Matthew
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
2/25/2016
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The best thing to do here is to install the factory light back in place as most likely the load from the led light added in is causing a circuit failure which can also cause the electronics that control this lamp to act up internally causing other electrical issues as well.The convenience system control module/ecu can become damaged as it controls the trunk lamp.My info is not showing the location or amperage of this fuse unfortunately.I would check all fuse panels for any blown fuses and replace any blown to correct this here.

If the light itself has been damaged then you will have to obtain a replacement from a dealer or salvage yard.One place I use for used parts is http://www.car-part.com.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete