Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 2005 audi S4, my car was fine, i got a car wash

Customer Question
i have a 2005 audi...
i have a 2005 audi S4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my car was fine, i got a car wash today and the check engine light came on, an EPC light came on as well as a Triangle with a circle around it + an arrow at the bottom. i went to drive it around the block and it wouldn't accellerate very well, i would hit 3,000 rpms while slowly climbing to 30, 40 then 50 mph... i went 0-60 in about 60 seconds...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
2/25/2016
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 1 year ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

I can help you by any chance do you have a scan tool to check the trouble codes stored in the ecm ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i do not have a scan tool. I read in a forum to turn the ignition to acc, tap the gas ten times, turn engine to off and sit for a few minutes.......started right up and codes went away....

The codes are still stored in the ecm the light might have gone away but they are still in the ecm memory you will need a scan tool to check the faults the most common issue when this happens is related to a issue with the throttle body causing the concern , first step i recommend you check is have the faults checked. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you

Audi0405
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician