AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2011 Audi s5 v8 it has a code p2007 & p2006. I

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Audi s5 v8 it has a code p2007 & p2006. I took it to the dealer and they told me it has a wiring issue under the intake or can it be somthing else
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

there is a couple of things that are common with this but i do need a vin # ***** pull up the correct factory information of your vehicle please

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WAUVVAFR0BA036137
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok checking on this thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

good morning . there have been couple of issue depending of certian factors. first is this a plastic or magnesium manifold. with that the variable intake manifold runners are either electrically or vacuum operated.

if they are vacuum operated then vacuum checks are needed to see if there are any bro***** *****nes first to insure proper operation. if electric motors then wiring checks are needed to make sure the runner motors are ok .

these motors have a tendency to carbon up causing the runner flaps to stick hence the codes that you have . if that is the case the intake has to be removed and walnut shell the intake ports clean then possibility replcement of the intake manifold depending of how much carbon build up .

These codes are ones that need to check the wiring or vacuum lines first and test peration then if further then removal of the intake manifold is needed to isolate and rectify the issue at hand!!

there is really no short cuts on this . if you can tell me if it is a plastic or magnesium manifold i can help out more but it may be an a expensive repair!!