sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

When i start my car in morning reviving it idle is it bad?

Customer Question

Hello,when i start my car in morning reviving it idle is it bad for car?
Category: Audi
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Once you have the oil pressure up (about 5 seconds) it does not matter if you race the engine. It is better to wait until it is fully warmed up as the parts will grow a bit as they warm up but no harm will be done as long as you have full oil pressure.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok long story short! i changed my Oil Yesterday and park car yesterday and today after 12-14 hours i start my car it was not getting rev i mean it starts but when i press throttle it does NOTHING and engine kills itself i have to do it 3/4 times then it starts properly and gets revs aswell what could be issue?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea what could be wrong with your car, I was responding to the question you posted.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could cause lack of acceleration or the engine to die. You may have an electronic throttle control issue, fuel contamination, sensor issues, it's possible that the problem could be related to the work that was done. I've seen odd things over the years, one that comes immediately to mind was a customer that had set a pair of gloves on his air filter while working, reinstalled the airbox lid and the gloves were sucked into the throttle body.

Have you checked for fault codes?