Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician vw/ audi specialist
84635724

My daughter has a 2007 Audi A4 Quattro...she told me the EPC

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter has a 2007 Audi A4 Quattro...she told me the EPC light came on today
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin the epc light means electronic power control and its basically the system used to control the throttle system the engine ECU (Electronic Control Unit) detects a fault in the system it will put on the EPC light. If the fault is considered serious it will stop the throttle working altogether and the engine will be limited to a 1500 rpm idle speed.there are a couple of common items that can cause this throtle pedal ,throttle flap ,brake light switch .but the only way to know the exact cause is to have car plugged into diagnostic machine

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my service