Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughter has a 2007 Audi A4 Quattro...she told me the EPC…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a 2007 Audi A4 Quattro...she told me the EPC light came on today

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/23/2016
Audi Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin the epc light means electronic power control and its basically the system used to control the throttle system the engine ECU (Electronic Control Unit) detects a fault in the system it will put on the EPC light. If the fault is considered serious it will stop the throttle working altogether and the engine will be limited to a 1500 rpm idle speed.there are a couple of common items that can cause this throtle pedal ,throttle flap ,brake light switch .but the only way to know the exact cause is to have car plugged into diagnostic machine

Please remember to rate my service

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician