Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

My audi Q7 will not start why?

Customer Question
My audi Q7 will not start why?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
2/23/2016
Audi Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Let me ask a few questions first. Will it not even crank? or does the engine crank and fail to start? or when you turn the key you get absolutely nothing? If you turn the switch to the ON position, does the dash light up like it should? Let us know thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will not crank but the lights and audio works

Alright, any security message? anti theft light blinking etc? What about a spare key? have you tried that?

Has it ever had this problem before? or is this the first time this problem has happened?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not tired I spare key....no security message nothing. None of the dashboard lights turn on when I put the key in. Only the miles number shows and the audio system. I get nothing when I turn the key on. The battery was fully charged on Saturday.

Alright, Do you have a voltmeter or have you tried to jumpstart the vehicle yet? It could have a draw, or I have seen batteries just short out and lose charge overnight before as well.

Are the headlights bright? and do they work even?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not the battery cos after putting the fully charged battery still did not get any response when the car was started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also because the car will not start the shift can't move to neutral for the car be towed.

Alright, Do the headlights work and do they seem bright? Did you check your fuses yet? What about the brake lights? I'm trying to see if battery voltage is even getting to the main fuse box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All fuse work fine because a mechanic friendcame by my house to check the car and all those you have mention
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The headlight comes on when the car stars

Alright, I'm going to have to opt out on this one, this is really one of those problems I feel I would have to get hands on this vehicle to give you a proper diagnosis unfortunately. I will opt out and put your question back up so if another expert has another idea they can then respond. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no answer huh
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay am waiting and I hope it comes earlier than later
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am still waiting for the new Mechanic
Audi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will prevent cranking including the ignition switch, starter, starter relay, the battery, cables and connections, the transmission range sensor, or the engine controller may not be awake.

Are the headlamps normal brightness?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician