Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find the fuel pump

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find the fuel pump relay on my 2005 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started the car one day and it started sputtering and then eventually cut out. And after that it won't start. And the fuel pump is only getting 1volt of power to it so I was thinking it was the fuel pump relay maybe?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.

The fuel pump relay is located to the left of the steering column you will need to remove the trim panel under the steering column to have access to the fuel pump relay with is labeled 372 in the picture i have attached . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this feedback thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I do not have a relay labeled 372. The closest ones are 373 and 370
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a picture so i can tell you which one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is one to the left of those 3 with the numbers 167
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay just checked my repair manual remove the wiper cowl on the drivers side you will find the relay there including the relay box diagram printed on top

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the wiper cowl
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.

Its the black plastic piece located under the font windshield wipers runs along the front side of the vehicle under the windshield