Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Roman Im attempting to locate the crankshaft locking hole…

Customer Question
Hi Roman Im...

Hi Roman Im attempting to locate the crankshaft locking hole for a 4.2 Audi engine where the hell is it!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Ermm no more details the engine is a 2008 with engine code CAUA

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
Audi Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The TDC lock pin hole is on the bottom side of the engine, (below the starter). Please see attached diagram.

.

There is also a hole in the upper oil pan for the preliminary TDC for the crankshaft that uses the same tool. Second diagram.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. Thanks.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Jerry, Master Mechanic