Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

I have a 2001 Audi TT with (2) engine codes: P1113 and

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Audi TT with (2) engine codes: P1113 and P1424.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have (2) sensor codes on my 2001 Audi TT. P1113 and P1424. Both deal with Bank 1 issues
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm selling the car shortly, though would like to fix as much as I can before I see it. Not looking to put to much money into it...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just looked on the internet for input on code P1424. Came up with a link to your web site. That was just a couple minutes ago. I guess I'm starting with the best, eh?
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: I have a mass airflow issue, but I believe it's simply replacing it with a new one. That is straight forward.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

It is most likely a secondary air injection combination valve failure.

I recommend replacing it. The other code is most likely a result of this failure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jeromy. Can you provide a simple summary as to why this is the likely failure, and what the potential car performance issues might be? Just need to be able to connect the dots.