Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have an 1998 audi a4. I cannot read my computer message

Customer Question

I have an 1998 audi a4. I cannot read my computer message display. My check engine light is on and no one can read any codes. It keeps saying error. What odd they problem. The car drives fine.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tony, do you have a factory radio or aftermarket radio installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an aftermarket radio

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok , you have to remove the radio fuse before checking for fault codes or it will interrupt the diagnosis port connection. Try this first and let me know. If that does not help we can troubleshoot the diagnosis port. Hope this information helps. Lou

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.