Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ive recently replaced the control arms, tie rods and sway…

Customer Question
Ive recently replaced the control...
Ive recently replaced the control arms, tie rods and sway bar links on my Audi A4 b6 model but it's still making a creaking noise when steering left, there's no leaks or faults that are visible to the naked eye and the power steering fluid level is normal.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
2/14/2016
Audi Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd say that this could be a worn strut top bearing you chan check this by lightly hold the spring by hand and have your assistant move the steering from left to right with the wheel on the ground - a worn bearing will feel 'notchy' through the spring. The wheel needs to be on the ground for the test to load up the bearing

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you