Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

What does a flashing check engine light mean on a 2005 Audi

Customer Question

What does a flashing check engine light mean on a 2005 Audi allroad 4.2l Quattro
Category: Audi
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light flashes it mean your engine has a misfire, usually due to a faulty ignition coil. You can have codes checked at your local parts store for free to see if it indicates a specific cylinder and if so swap that coil with another cylinder to see if misfire follows it and if so replace coil. This would be around a $200-$300 job to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm I able to replace the coil myself,..and is it going to do any further damage if I drive it about 30 miles til I get back home
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about delay, I ended up going to sleep. You will be fine to drive home as you probably figured out by now. Let me know if you run into more questions. Thanks.