Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet. I'm replacing the passenger door…

Customer Question
2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet...

2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet. I'm replacing the passenger door window switch. I have the part and have pulled the panel. But don't know how to remove switch from housing. 4 tabs, 2 on each side - but way inside the housing. What's the secret to get the switch out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Using a flathead screwdriver on the tab holes. Also tried prying it out - but worried that I'd break the housing.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
2/3/2016
Audi Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Have you removed the switch from the armrest persay or is this what you are trying to do?

I just figured it out. I had pried off the housing in the armrest...I used some channel locks on the switch and moved/rocked it to unseat the tabs, while also pushing the switch out of the housing/panel. All good.

ok