Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 audi a3 2.0t. I'm doing the oil pump conversion…

Customer Question
2006 audi a3 2.0t. I'm...
2006 audi a3 2.0t. I'm doing the oil pump conversion from the 1.8t. can anyone help guide me through it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
2/1/2016
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

please see attached installation guide

that will help you out!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

I need to know how to take off the timing cover if i need to remove the motor mount. like where do i start?

you will need an engine brace to hold the motor suspended when you remove the mount and the mount bracket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKQuYkWsNOM

please go to the above link to see how to do the timing belt removal and it will show how to do the covers and mount!!

I need to put the oil pan back on and support it and remove the motor mount? Then once the covers off out the mount back on to hold the engine while I i talked the now oil pump and chain?
Installed the new *

correct if you do not have an engine brace.

Which bolts do I have to remove to get the timing cover off?
I can't get the center crank bolt off any tips?

timing belt still on and use 1/2 " impact gun . must be a good gun like ingersoll rand gun and at least 130 to 140 psi pressure!!

Okay I got it off. So can I get away with not replacing the crank gear? The teeth don't look warn and I don't want to go through the pain of putting a new one on if I don't have to. Are they the same gear?

You mean the chain sprocket?

Yeah that goes over the crankshaft

yes leave the sprocket alone !!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

Thanks

Wolfgang

I installed the pump and the car runs great now no more noise but the oil pressure light keeps coming on. I don't understand?
im reading something about a housing
oil filter housing

possibility there is a series of check valves in the oil filter housing with the lack of oil pressure may have damaged the valves. you may have to replace the assy and i would also replace the pressure switch!!

The oil pressure switch is the green swtich
Right? Also should I replace it with the 1.8t assembly? I read that it was nessicary

http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-06f-block-to-06a-oil-filter-housing-adapter-plate

go to this site please for more info!!

will thickening the oil up help this issue temporarly?
like i said ive driven the car with for 50 miles and the engine is fine and runs fine just the light comes on

the only way to make sure is to have a manual gauge to check the pressure . most likely the light comes on at idle . with the conversion the 1.8t pump does not have the check valves like the 2.0t pump.

The light only comes on when the car is going over 25 mph the goes away at idle

so the opposite . need to see with a gauge what is the pressure is over 25 mph