Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thinking of buying a used 2007 q7 3.6. Butttttttt, the

Customer Question
screen says no navigation installed...
Thinking of buying a used 2007 q7 3.6. Butttttttt, the screen says no navigation installed. Tele button when pushed says no telephone. I can't tell if there is parking assist or camera. Help! Is this simply a shell?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
1/30/2016
Audi Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. You should be able to easily tell if it has the back up camera by looking at the rear of the vehicle. The system will say this if it has failed hardware internally or if the programming failed. 99% of the time the module can be reprogrammed by the dealer and it will work again after that. Please let me know if you need more help.

1. No camera in back so does that means no park assist?
2. When you press the nav button it says no navigation see dealer. Could this be as simple as reprogramming the system? I thought all q7 had the navigation?
3. When you press the tele button it says no telephone installed? Can I reprogram this too? Can I get Bluetooth in the truck? Would it be more cost effective to buy a dvd cd/Bluetooth radio from bestbuy?
Can I reprogram it or do I have to take it to the dealer?

It has to go to the dealer for this. Only their computer will have the capability of initializing these systems.