Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I can not seem to program my new (used) remote entery 2002

Customer Question
I can not seem to...
I can not seem to program my new (used) remote for kelyess entery 2002 a4 quatrro
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was working but the old remote kept killing the new battrey within a week so i got a another used one i can not program it the ccm keeps giving me can not communicate with module error I am tryed uing a scanner and manully to program it no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Audi
1/29/2016
Audi Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the factory steps for programming your remote in your Quatro. You are going to need to have access to a factory scan tool to do the programming. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Remote%20programming%20Jan%2029.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi
fyi ..the car does not respond to pressing the bottom when going thru the adaptation motions
this car has 8E0 959 433 T module number which is the j393..... everything else work on the car that is related to j393...does audi have issues with this module for remote keyless? I have even replaced the antenna booster j515 and the j393 still same issues. the remote are good i have tested themthis car does not have central locking option it has central cov options...I have to go to options 46 then 10 then 21 for the functions...(no 35)
1- is the j429 same as j393 ? or
2-they are both placed in the same car? or car have one or the other only
3-or ur wirte made a mistake taking about j429 and j393 on the same car
Thanks,

Unfortunately these are the only steps my information shows. I do not have any other. I will open the post back up for you and hopefully someone else may have something different to offer. If they can help you they will post back.

Audi Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What type of scanner are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
autel maxisys 908...i have done the same procedure and functions with VWs with no issues many times using this scanner

I would recommend a Ross-Tech Vag Com to do this procedure. I have had mixed results with my autel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do u get a lot of "can not communicate with module" with autel when working on ccm on this model?
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

1. can you post all codes stored on each module please?
  2. second i do need a vin # *****
  3. on the drivers side is the carpet floor wet?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi wolfgang
below is the communication with your team...fyi
answers to your question..
1- can you post all codes stored on each module please? none
2- second i do need a vin # ***** WAULC68E82A126351
3- on the drivers side is the carpet floor wet?...the whole car is bone dry..no water issues
Thanks,I can not seem to program my new (used) remote for kelyess entery 2002 a4 quatrro
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was working but the old remote kept killing the new battrey within a week so i got a another used one i can not program it the ccm, keeps giving me can not communicate with module error I am tryed uing a scanner and manully to program it no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.30 January 2016 08:52
hi
1- is the j429 same as j393 ? or
Thanks,30 January 2016 01:03
do u get a lot of "can not communicate with module" with autel when working on ccm on this model? ccm

j429 is not the same for j393.

do you have any faults with address word 19 when you scan ?

i think you have the key adapatation wrong 46 then 10 then 01 then select how many remotes then program them

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi
when i go to 01 is says no functions available and when I go to 21 it gives me the function for adaption of remotes.I checked again no trouble codes for ccm or any other module.
I use autel 908 ...I have programmed many VWs this way ..fyi
driving me crazy ....everything else on the ccm functions working good,such interior light,power window,switch for lock unlock,mirrors all working good...radio antenna working good...antenna which is part of the (j515) unit also a reciver for remote keys which I did try another one (antenna booster) no difference.remote key was working fine...but the remote key kept draining the battery in the remote...so i get another remote (working and tested)
but it will not program...the new remote has the same part numbers the old one.
I even tryed to reprogram the old remote(just to test adaption functions) ...it will not even do that either
?? is it possible that these modules on these cars has the remote portions go back but all other functions work fine?( have u experienced that?
Thanks,

ok lets do this method . you will need 2 keys one in the ignition and one in the door(the one not programmed) key on then use door key and hold to unlock and press the button see it beeps or flash the lights . if not that way then lock and hold and press the button .

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi
I have tried that too also many times....no luck

let me ask this if you open each door one by one does the light come on in the overhead ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
right rear door did Not turn the overhead light on

ok you need to address that door latch first(replace) then retry. i do know on logic if the latch does not register correctly to the ccm the programming wwill not work because ccm needs to see signals as SAFE in order to get the system to work correctly!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech