Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a late model 2000 (09/2000) Audi A6 Quattro 2.7T and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is***** have a late model 2000 (09/2000) Audi A6 Quattro 2.7T and I am getting an EPC + Traction + ABS light coming on. When that happens my car loses power and accelerates slowly. If I pull over and turn off and on the car a couple times the lights go out and it runs normally. I pulled some codes with my cheap OBD reader and it came up with a Mass Air Circuit error. I have replaced that unit and it ran fine for a short while and came up again. I have also replaced the accelerator pedal unit but still getting the problem...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Your cheap tool will not be able to the get the codes we need from the ABS system. Do you recall the engine code that you got? The ABS issue could be something as simple as a wheel speed sensor bad but we need the codes to correctly diagnose this.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.