Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Gh beams 't work properly. Equipped with -xenon afs lights.

Customer Question

High beams don't work properly. Equipped with bi-xenon afs lights. Low beams work fine, but when high beams are switched on by pushing the light lever forward, nothing happens. When pulling the light lever, RH beam moves, but not the LH.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

First off I need to know if your comfortable doing wire testing with the circuit diagram link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/headlightTT.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Moose,
Thank you for the help. I'm up for the wire testing. What tools will I need?V

We need a digital volt ohm meter.

At the dimmer switch wires on the light switch pins 1 and 2 connector 7 OHM test them to the VESCM, if they are good showing continuity then that wiring is fine meaning a diagnostic tool is then needed to check the module and the computer data lines to the headlights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm lost. I'm not sure how to compare this diagram to the car. All I can see is the connector that plugs into the light assembly.

The wires your testing are gray/green and gray

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is this switch? It says lower left a-pillar. Do I have to remove any parts to access this?

It sticks out the side of the steering column. You must remove the steering column shrouds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check it tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In not sure how to remove the shrouds.

My repair guides have been down for updates all day and are reporting to be down till Monday. I think its best I opt out and see if another can help sooner than me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one has followed up on my query. Will another technician take this case? Thanks.